MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I need to replace the gaskets on my LG refrigreator. I cant

I need to replace the gaskets on my LG refrigreator. I can't get the old ones off
Just pull the gaskets out- you should easily see how the new gaskets (if you have them) are formed and conclude that they push into place with no fasteners of any type.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The gaskets on three sides pull easily right out. There is a plastic/metal side that doesn't appear to pull out, but seems to slide in a track. It is the metal section I can't get out. This is a borrom freezer refirgerator with double doors.

You need to pop off the plastic trim piece first then pop loose the few clips that hold that section of the gasket to the door. Simply pry at the plastic trim and the clips and they come right out. There is no track.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I usually over due the force thing, but was promised bodily harm if I screwed up her refrigerator. You saved me from sleeping in the garage.

Great- a positive feedback is appreciated. Thanks!