Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

Kitchenaid dishwasher kudc10fxss4 latch is stuck and door wont

Kitchenaid dishwasher kudc10fxss4 latch is stuck and door won't close. New install at cottage. It worked first tine last week. Latch clearly isn't opening.
Rob
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
They had a lot of problems with this latch, It needs to be replaced with the new part number W10380262, however since this is new you can call A&E Factory Service at 1.800.905.9505 for a free repair.

Door Latch W10380262 Main Product View
.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that simple. I bought it in the USA and I live in Canada and am 1 hour out of town in cottage country . I'm also shutting the cottage down, draining the water for the winter. So it won't be heated. I need to flush it with antifreeze so it won't freeze, how do I remove the part to look at it. ... I have a Highly technical background
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I see your problem, access to the part is done by opening the door and removing the TORX-15 screws, this will allow the door to separate and give you access to the door lock itself, it is also part number W10380262,

You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

.

.

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll open up the door
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the part out, any idea what fails on it. ... Solenoid? I was able to push the back spring plate in and reset the latch, but not sure what will happen on Re-install
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just realized it looks like and over Center latch, once reset, I can push it on, lock it and pull it off to un latch it. It looks like if the latch gets set without the latch bar in it, you can't un latch it. ... So I assume there's no solenoid in it, only a switch, so it knows when the door is closed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The dishwasher is now running again. In the end, all I needed to do was "reset" the latch. It looks like the latch got popped in without the door being closed. So with the latch closed, the door doesn't close. Unfortunately I had to open the inside of the door to press a spring loaded plated to reset the latch to the open position. Not sure if it can be easily popped out without pulling it apart, but it may be possible if an " L" snapped hook can pull on it in a similar way that the latch bar would pull it open when you open the door.