Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

wont start

wont start
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today....Do any of the lights display on the front panel..Also are you able to locate a model Number to your washer..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the cycle lights are flashing when i push them nothing happens when i push start nothing happens when i push cancel it starts up but shuts off in a minute i have drained the unit

Once you press the cancel button..The unit should drain by itself..If not..This means the drain pump is not activated..Either by means of a faulty pump..Or A faulty control board..Which lights light up when you press the start..? Do you have a model number also..? Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the unit does not drain.....when i press start nothing no light light up al thou some times some lights flase like normal then nothing model # XXXXX

Ok Great..From what you are explaining..Sound s more like a electrically problem..meaning either the control panel or the computer..I would first take a look at the computer..To access .open the door..Remove the screws around the doors edge..The computer control is mounted just behind the keypad..Inspect it for any burnt components..If ok..Remove the computer ribbon from the panel at the computer..Clean the end off carefully..Reinstall..See if you have any change..If not..Then you have computer problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i just noticed something the control panel is working sometimes when it sounds like it wants to work there is no water in the unit does that mean anything me it sound like you are right i will check the connection on the comp.

If you think it is working when it should..Then remove the lower front panel..Start the unit..See if you can hear the pump trying to run (hmm Etc.) If so..This means the pump is either faulty or something stuck in the pump..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "Ok" or better before leaving today so that i may be credited through the system for my time helping you today..Thanks Bob