Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Help. Our Sub Zero refrigerator is at 46 degrees this morning,

Help. Our Sub Zero refrigerator is at 46 degrees this morning, and continues to rise. When we try to set it back down, it doesn't respond. Please help, as all of our food will be wasted.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today.....Sorry you are having this problem..Do you have the model number of the unit handy..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It looks like it's a 650

Ok great...First tell me if you can hear the compressor running..(Compressors are located at the top of unit behind panel) If not remove power to the fridge for 5 minutes..Plug back in..Let me know what happens so far
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. Yes, it sounds like the compressor is running. In addition, the freezer seems fine. It is only the refrigerator that seems to be a problem. Still registering 44 degrees.

Ok great..Pull the freezer drawer out..Take a flashlight..Look very closely at the back INSIDE wall for any type of frost .Also make sure the inside freezer fan is running...If you can get the front panel off at the top..Also check the condition of the compressor (Should not be hot to the touch)making sure the fan next to the compressor is running.Let me know what you find
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We see no frost on the back inside wall of the freezer. The freezer fan appears to be running. We do not know how we would take off the front panel or to check the condition of the compressor.

The front panel at the top of fridge is removed by lifting up on the complete panel..Once you have the panel removed..Carefully feel the compressor (Black Tank)..It should not be hot to the touch..If so you have a sealed system problem..Most common on this unit along with a faulty computer board..In which you will need service to come out and repair most often.
Post back with the results after removing the panel to the compressor and we can go from there..Also please remember to rate my answer to you before leaving today so that i may be credited through the system for my time helping you..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I'm not sure you got my earlier note. can you give us the name of a person who can come and fix the problem?

thanks

Your best bet would be to call(NNN) NNN-NNNN.
Carl..Just checking back with you today to see how you have come along with the information that i have passed on to you for a solution to your repair...If you do have any further questions i will be standing by..If not please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK" or greater so that i may be credited for my time through the system ..Thank You Bob