Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

my microwave door is being ruined (the inside of the door is

my microwave door is being ruined (the inside of the door is wrinkling?) by steam from pots on the cook-top... how can I fix the look of the doors and prevent it from happening
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry you are having this problem..Do you have a model number of the unit in question..? Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, I included t with the initial question... it's MH2175XSQ-4

What you are saying is the steam from the pots below on the cooktop is rising ..Which is damaging the door on the microwave mounted above,,?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes...

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to prevent this other than prefabricating a shield underneath to deflect the heat away from the door..This unit was made to sit on top of a counter...The door parts are not sold separately..If you where to repair the damage..You would have to replace the complete door itself..CLICK HERE FOR PARTI wish i had better news for you but this microwave was not built to withstand the high heat from a cook top..Thank You Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it's not a counter mtop model

Ok great my mistake..Yes this unit is a built in..What is the distance from the top of the cooktop to the bottom of the microwave..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

26"

That is going to be your problem right there as far as any kind of warranty replacement..most code height is 30.'' or greater..Which door do you have Stainless.... ..White..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

white

here is the replacement in stainless..Only other possibility would be to install some type of heat shield just under the front of the unit..Or have a hood fan or small portable fan redirecting the hot air away from the microwave..CLICK HERE FOR STAINLESS DOOR
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

mine is white

No other way to rectify the problem.Other than a fan to redirect or replace the door...Your microwave is mounted to low to the cooktop unfortunately..
Hi I see you rated my many options to you as a negative..Unfortunately the system does not credit my helping you without rating at "OK" or better..I have given you all the options avaiable..One being replacing the door ...You did state the unit was only 26 inches above the cooktop..This is below the standard height which is most likely causing the problem..The rating system is based on how well the expert has answered all of your questions not with the overall outcome of the answer..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i was needing an answer other than one from their website.. why does this door leak

My answers to you are not from a website..parts refererral yes..If the door is Wrinkled from the heat then obviously the heat has melted the door..Which is why i stated the microwave is mounted to close to the cook top..Once it melted (Wrinkled as you stated in your question) the door no longer seals.
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair