John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan in two rooms without a light

Customer Question

I have a Hampton Bay Ceiling fan in two rooms without a light kit. I bought two Harbor Breeze light kits today from Lowes and hooked them up. The lights will not switch on. I checked all the wiring from the ceiling all the way down and everything is connected correctly it appears. I tested the bulbs and they are good. Am I correct that the power that runs from the wall switch to the fan controls the light and fan? I can't think of any other things to check.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

If you are, can you tell me the model numbers please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The model number is 52-ANT

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jason
Thanks for the information.
Unfortunately I cant find any technical details on this, so ill opt out while I continue to look.
This opens the question to others as well
If any of us find an answer for you, we will respond and you will get a message from the site.