Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Hi, i have a GE jgs968soh3ss oven, and all electricity just

Customer Question

i have a GE jgs968soh3ss oven, and all electricity just stopped working on the unit at once, as I was using the oven. The breaker stood on all the time, I checked the outlet, and I tried replacing the control panel. I dont know what to try next, is there a circuit breaker in the unit that I could replace?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today....First would be to check the wiring at the unit itself..In the back there will be a terminal block..Remove the back cover or access the wiring on the oven side..What happens often is the wiring will melt at that point cause the unit to act as if it does not have power..Please post back and let me know what you find and we can go from there....Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Back cover removed. You guessed right, the plug wire is melted just before its glued to the metal sheet, the white connection plug seem a bit tanned as well. What has to be done?

Ok Great Maxine....At least you found the problem..Great work on your part..Unfortunately the wiring would need to be repaired..Depending upon the age of the oven..It might be a good time to replace the unit ..Other wise you will need a electrician to come and complete the repairs..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK" or better before leaving today..This will ensure that i am credited through the system for my time helping you today..If you do have any further questions ..I will be standing by..Thanks Bob
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

You are very welcome..You did a great job by finding the problem in a hurry..Thanks Bob