Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I bought a refrigerator in Italy and after returning to the

I bought a refrigerator in Italy and after returning to the USA I am baffled why this refrigerator will not work.
After buying and plugging in a regulator, everything works except the 'compressor'?
Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was).

Thank you for using for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
LG refrigerator
The model number is XXXXX an Italian refrigerator and without an ice maker:
This model is a 50 hertz model and about 230 volts, What are you trying to use to run this with in the U.S.?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The regulator goes only to 220 volts.
Any suggestions on what I could use to get 230?
The 220 volts and 230 volts does not matter on voltage it could up to +/-5% difference that would not matter, however the 50 hertz that this runs on would be a big problem, I know of no U.S. made converters for 50 Hertz, Also the inverter you are using may not be a Pure SIne Wave inverter which wold be absolutely necessary for the electronics in the unit to work properly also.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory