Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

hi, my oven is acting strange. i set to bake at 350 and it

hi, my oven is acting strange. i set to bake at 350 and it takes 1 hour to reach 350. then 30 minutes at 350 it goes down to 250, then 30 minutes later it goes to 200 then 30 more minutes it goes back up to 325. i changed the sensor and it still does same. next i was going to change bake element.questions as follow,
1. is this the right part w10207398
2. how do i remove on this model, looks like i may have to take door off or go from back? 3. could it be something else causing this fluctuation in temp? Broil seems to react fine to controls and holds temp.
thank you dave golon
model kesk901sss06
kitchenaid
Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
Lets try a self diagnostic test on the control first before we go replacing the bake element. Because if the bake element actually does come on, then it is fine.
Before proceeding with any corrective action, perform the following steps to enter the Diagnostics mode.
To Enter Diagnostics Mode:
1. To recall last failure code, if not displayed, press the OFF key to place the range in an idle state.
2. Press the OFF and START keys in the following order: OFF > OFF > START.
3. Verify the error code displayed on the control by observing for longer than 1 minute.

Let me know what code shows up if any. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

Thanks for the response. I will try that later this afternoon and get back to you .I was not getting any failure codes. Are you saying if i put it in diagnostic mode i may pick up a failure code that is only visible in this diagnostic mode?

Yes, sometimes it can only be seen in diagnostic mode
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

i did the diagnostic test and heres whats on screen

Status L/D mod ID 0102

120 f

AM18 UI26 EEKEO-194

i think the botXXXXX XXXXXne starting with the AM is the dignostic code.

what does it mean?

I would change the (appliance manager PCB board) part# XXXXX

Located on page 3 of this PDF file:
https://www.whirlpool.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Repair%20Part%20List%20-%20W10269053.pdf

And it is item # XXXXX on the diagram. This job is very difficult and i would recommend and appliance repair tech from Whirlpool to complete this repair. You would have to remove the cooktop glass to gain access underneath it to replace. This PCB controls the operations of the oven the entirely. If you changed the sensor, you must replace the PCB according to Whirlpool. Hope this helps you,

Please remember you must rate your experience with me for me to receive compensation for my time and expertise. I will work for your highest rating, please let me know how I may earn it!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yikes thats an expensive part. are you sure? i like the idea of changing the bake element thats only $28 and i can do it from the rear of the stove. Well i trust your judgement but one last question, when i turn on bake for 350 i can put my hand on bottom of oven after 5 minutes and its not getting warm. the broill element above gets hot and i read that the broil element goes on in the bake cycle to get the oven hotter faster. but shouldnt the bake elemnt on bottom start to get warm right away.