Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

Westinghouse refrigerator 610 twin door. Freezing drinks in

Westinghouse refrigerator 610 twin door. Freezing drinks in refrig section.
What is the correct temp setting

Can we have the complete model number please?

If your dial is numbered from 1-7, I would say it is not the temperature but rather a scale in which 7 is the coldest and 1 would be the warmest.

But if you have a digital display and the display is the set temperature, then that would be correct. The higher the display, the higher the temperature.
I suggest set to 7 degree Celcius and observe if the compressor at the back would stop from running.

Another problem could be , if your unit utilize a damper control, to regulate the temperature of the fridge, then this damper control could have stuck open that is why a lot of cold air is now going to the fridge that would freeze stuff in there.

The damper control can be found on the dividing wall between the fridge and the freezer.

-