Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized
70080267

My kenmore elite washer is agitating even on the beginning

My kenmore elite washer is agitating even on the beginning fill-up stage of washing, and then it continues to rinse and agitate when it's suppose to simple spin the clothes dry. How to fix this agitator so that it only moves at the right times, and how to stop the water from running again when it's suppose to be spinning without water?

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance service repair tech since 1992.
Do you have the complete model number? Should be located inside the lid or door.
Thank you

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model number 23032101

serial number CP0141797

type 111

This problem is going to be in the water level control or the tube that connects to the control may be partially clogged. I know it is not completely clogged because the washer will overflow but if it is partially clogged the tube can retain pressure essentially fooling the water level control into thinking the tub is full, metaphorically speaking.

Part# 3366845

Parts diagram:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-11023032101/0582/0153200/P0209177/00002?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=11023032101

Good video on youtube at 30 second mark shows how to gain access to the control area where the pressure switch even though this video is about a lid switch :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFsvLiuTniU&feature=share&list=PLF769380804F594C6

Hope this helps!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do I do to unclog it?

follow the video, and find the clear hose running to the bottom of the tub to the pressure switch itself. Take it out and try to blow through it. If it is clear change the pressure switch.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I replaced the water control switch with a new one that
I ordered, according to your instructions. The problem is not fixed.
Water and agitation continues at the beginning of the cycle,
And water pours in during the spin cycle.

Please advise. I'm out 60.00 now without the problem
Solved, 30 for your fee and 30 for the water switch.

Is there a different water level switch thAn the one on top left
Of control panel? And what about the lever somewhere
Inside the machine that senses the water level?
Is there a see-saw shaped lever that senses wAter level,
Like in a toilet?
I would remove the pressure switch hose completely, and blow in one in and stop the other end to see if it holds pressure and does not leak out. There is no other pressure switch in the machine. Without ohm/volt meters we can only assume what is bad, due to the symptoms you are providing.

Parts diagram here: #17 on diagram. Will go all the way up to the pressure switch.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Kenmore-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-11023032101/0582/0153200/P0209177/00004?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=11023032101

Please try this and let me know, best regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It worked!!
Was it the hose?