gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs

I have a GSS25LHM that the freezer over freezes. When set to

Customer Question

I have a GSS25LHM that the freezer over freezes. When set to it's warmest setting (1) it will still take the freezer section to -30 degrees F. If it is shut off (0) and then reset it works for a couple of days. ???
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.

Happy new years and thank you for choosing this service. do you noticed the unit running a lot longer that ut should?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, and I am frequently in the kitchen working at the table.

Plus just to let you know I am a network technician with 20+ yrs experience.

Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.
That is good to know so i assume that you are will be working on it yourself. ok based on the problem you have this sounds like the temperature sensor is faulty and i would suggest that you replace it, what it does it it senses the the temperature is not cold enough in the freezer so it will then skip a defrost cycle and run just a little longer so that will cause this problem. just a few minutes please while i get you the part number and diagram.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MFG Part Number WR55X10025

I just finished an online search as this was my first thot regarding the problem.

Do you think that the shunt sensor should be replaced also?

MFG Part Number WR02X10668

Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.

Temperature Sensor PS304103

www.partselect.com. you just need to remove the sensor grill as you will see on the diagram part number 233 then pull the sensor out and install the new one. if this has been helpful and if you have no further questions please rate my answer with positive ratings before you go. thank you.

Part Number

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming my diagnostic efforts. I will replace the sensor and if that does not fix the problem I will be back.

Expert:  gst85 replied 1 year ago.

No problem at all, you have a great day.