Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

I have a ge profile dishwasher pdw9900n20bb. it is not draining.

I have a ge profile dishwasher pdw9900n20bb. it is not draining. I have had this issue with my older model. I disconnected the water, removed the drain hose between the motor and the drain pain. I made sure there was nothing blocking the diaphragm if that is what it is called and it was moving fine. There was also nothing blocking the drain.
after reconnecting it and running it through the cycle it is still not draining. when it is going through the drain cycle, I hear the pump but no water is coming out of the hose into the sink.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today. Open the door and remove the lower rack. Remove the filter from the right side on the bottom of the dishwasher. Make sure the filter isn't clogged. If that is ok then you will need to remove the drain pump and make sure the pump is inst clogged. I have also seen where the sump will get clogged where the pump connects.