APPLIANCE GURU-John
APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner
Experience:  20 YEARS EXPERIANCE IN HOME APPLIANCE REPAIR.
59801830

The knob that you pull out to move to whatever wash you want

The knob that you pull out to move to whatever wash you want then push to start, just
whirls around.
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  APPLIANCE GURU-John replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for using this service. I will be assisting you with your question today. What is the model number off of the washer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Since there are many model numbers I took the first

WBXR10601

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Their are 10 model numbers the first 2 are:

WBXR1060T

WCXR1070T

It is a top loader and is 15 years old. It worked perfectly until this happened.

Thank you for the model number, there should be only one on the unit. Give me a moment to look up the model you gave.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is a 1997 model. Pretty basic and simple. Never any problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where would the model number be?

I think on this model you turn to the cycle with the knob pushed in and pull it out to start it.
The model number should be located on the back of the control panel or under the lid or near the bottom on the cabinet usually on the left side.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cannot pull the machine out to see the back of the machine, I am an 80 year old woman that needs help. Is there some other way to help.

Leave the knob pushed in and turn it to wash then pull out the knob and see if the machine will start filling with water.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When i tried to pull out knob it did nothing. When you turn it there is no sound like when it is turning. And when you pull it out nothing.

Ok if the timer will not turn with the knob pushed in then the knob is worn out and will need to be replace, there is a ring on the back of the timer holding the knob on. The knob does not cost much if you can get someone to open the back of the control panel and remove the ring and the knob and replace it. If you need further information after rating my answer you can still ask.
APPLIANCE GURU-John, Business owner
Experience: 20 YEARS EXPERIANCE IN HOME APPLIANCE REPAIR.