stephenmichaelz
stephenmichaelz, Customer Care
Experience:  Appliance Technician
67810957

I have a Bosch Electric Dryer model # XXXXX The power

Customer Question

I have a Bosch Electric Dryer model # XXXXX The power turns on, but it does not start
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

When you press the start button does it click?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It does not click when you push start

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your dryer, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Rachel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm ok waiting
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Rachel

Expert:  stephenmichaelz replied 1 year ago.

Hi Im Steve,Thank you for choosing JA.Hi sorry about the wait,these dryers are hard to work on you will need torx bits and patience! first off i will tell you the diagnostic access proceedure but i want to tell you there are 2 common reasons for this. there is a high heat limit fuse that is resettable but its hard to get to since you have to take the whole front off the dryer, the second is a belt switch which is fairly easy to tell because you can take the top off and see if the belt is tight,be careful not to dislodge the belt by turning the drum. here is the diagnstic sequence....To enter/exit test program for WTMC dryers:
1.Rotate cycle selector knobto Offposition.
2.Push and holdStart/Stopand Delicatesbuttons at the same time, then turn dryer on by rotating cycle selector knobeither direction --keep holding Start/Stopand Delicatesbuttons until Start/Stoplight flashes rapidly. Dryer is now in the test program.
3.When test program has been entered:
♦Start/Stoplight flashes rapidly.
♦Select individual parts to test by rotating cycle selector knob.
♦Once test has been selected, start test by pushing Start/Stopbutton. Start/Stoplight will stay on continually while tests are running. Push Start/Stopbutton again to end any test –rotating cycle selector knobstops all tests except Control Elementstest. Tests have finished once Start/Stoplight flashes rapidly again.
♦To exit test program, rotate cycle selector knobto Offposition. let me know if you want to proceed i will help you,Thanks and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I told you wrong it does click when you push the start button

ok. when you follow the proceedure as instructed above it should go thru a series of tests and it will read codes on the display you should write them down and let me know what they are

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I entered the test mode, but it doesn't do anything except flash the light above the start/stop button quickly

25
WTMC Service Tips – Test Program (1B): Test List
Selecting WTMC / WTXD Dryer TestsTestPosition on knobWTMC33/WTXD53WTMC63/65, WTXD83/85View fault codes1st position on right (cw)Extra Dry (Reg./Cot.)Extra Dry (Reg./Cot.)Safety test2nd position on right (cw)Very Dry (Reg./Cot.)Very Dry (Reg./Cot.)Display test (LED's/LCD's)3rd position on right (cw)Regular Dry (Reg./Cot.)Regular Dry (Reg./Cot.)Control elements test4th position on right (cw)Damp Dry (Reg./Cot.)Damp Dry (Reg./Cot.)Consumer test5th position on right (cw)Air FluffVery Dry (Mix)Moisture sensor resistance measurement6th position on right (cw)20 min. Time DryRegular Dry (Mix)Sales demo program7th position on right (cw)40 min. Time DryAir Fluff240V:208V changeover8th position on right (cw)60 min. Time DryMedium Time DryAutomatic end-of-tape program1st position on left (ccw)Very Dry (Perm. Press)Very Dry (Perm. Press)HINT: Electric dryers can be run on 240V or 208V. To change voltage from 240V to 208V, use voltage changeover test (8th position from right).HINT: To run dryers in sales demo mode, use sales demo program (7th position from right).ENTERING TEST PROGRAM: While pushing & holding Start/Stop & Delicates buttons, rotate cycle selector knob to desired position above.

usually there are 3 main reasons for it not to start,the door switch,the belt switch(stops it from running if the belt broke) and the thermal overload on the heating element.Bosch dryers are hard to take apart but if it is not on a pedestal there is usually a 4" knock out under the dryer in the middle to redirect the vent and if you can get that off you can reach in to reset the overload without taking it apart.ITS REALLY SHARP SO DONT CUT YOURSELF! good luck and let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't find the thermal reset can you send me a breakdown of where it is ?

its on the heater element,it has a reset button on it, the belt has one too. hold on i will try

Attachment: 2013-02-23_234710_epson003.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I finally got to the reset and it did not do anything. I looked back at your instructions for testing and I noticed that the start/stop was supposed to flash, but it does not do anything.

On another issue the washing machine which is the same brand and series has stopped in the middle of a cycle and is flashing E04 code .... any idea what that might be ?

I KNOW TIME TO GET A WHOLE NEW SET .... :)

on the dryer is the door switch getting depressed? is it getting 220v at the dryer terminal block? did you check the belt switch under the motor too? the washer i will try to look up without a model # XXXXX i can. A:04 it says either you have a sudslock issue from oversudsing. you should be using 2Tbs of HE detergent only, if you start it in the rinse cycle and you see alot of suds thats why. or its overfilling or its a broken door lock. to cut thru the detergent quickly throw a 1/8 cup of vegetable oil directly in the tub and run thru a rinse then clean your washer with a washer cleaning product like affresh.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The little catch for the door was broke so I ordered a new one of those. But still no light above the start stop button, all of the other lights come (delicates, lint, time #'s for the different cycle just not the start button)
its probably the door switch thats causing that to happen there is more than 1 switch in it. are you ordering the male part that sticks into the switch or the switch? it makes sense that it wont come on if the switch is not actuated.