Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

ultimate care 2 dryer running but no heat

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

GGQ9800PW1 Whirlpool Ultimate Care 2

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! When you start the dryer, do you hear several clicks or just the motor starting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No clicks, just the motor

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! Remove the lower access panel by releasing the two clips between the bottom access panel and the door panel. Slide a putty knife between the clips and the lower panel and hinge it down. Locate the white Thermal Fuse, number 59 (pictured below) and, with the dryer unplugged, remove the wires from it and tape then together. Will the heat then activate if you start the machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still trying to open the panel with a butter knife

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Take your time, I am not in a hurry at all. Make sure the dryer is unplugged, too!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unplugged and open. Hope you are watching football and enjoying a good drink!

Standby

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
We will celebrate together once your dryer problem is figured out! Wink
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I opened the panel and hinged it down. The diagram you sent me does not resemble at all what I am looking at. No idea where #59 is. I can text a picture if you want

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, if you can post a picture to this forum, I can mark the picture for you. That part is behind the lint filter housing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Take the 1/4" screw out that is on each side of the lint filter and the filter itself. Then, remove that metal filter housing and you will have full access!

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would this part be upside down and plugged in held down by a 1/4 inch screw? Having trouble downloading a picture

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it has 2 blue wires going to it, I believe.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Found it and the wires are red. I cannot send pictures for some reason. Wires will not pull out. I'm running out of time

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The part is white and rectangular, right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have the correct part. It matches the picture. The red wires are plugged in at the bottom of the picture but you cannot pull them out. The only way I could get them together would be to splice the insulation but then they would be disconnected from the part. I have no idea why I was able to send you the first picture but now cannot.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you use the paper clip or tree icon? The wires should simply unplug from the terminals.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Yep, good! Use a screwdriver to pry them off and tape them together.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where do I pry them off? At the base where it connects to the part or the top where the wires connect?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Top where the wires connect to the metal terminals. They are tight but are designed to just pull off. Them, tape them together and see if it then heats.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, I see it. They are clamped REALLY tight and there is very little extra wire slack so I have to be very careful

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
They can be, sorry this has been not so easy, but we are almost there!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is clamped down by a round metal piece with a little clip- like hook in the back, almost as if to make sure no can pull out the wires! Seems impossible without just cutting the wires and attaching them. But then I . do not know if I would have enough slack to reconnect

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Place a wide flat blade screwdriver under each terminal and twist, they should pop off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Done! Gas kicked in and had some heat. I turned it off because it smelled like something was burning (mildly)

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great! You need that part and make sure the vent is clear, that is why they open. GREAT JOB! The part is available below! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Thermal Fuse <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
The burning odor is due to the filter housing being off and the air flow is not as designed. Once it is all reassembled with the new fuse, it will go away very quickly.