Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My model #MF 12568 AEB refrigerator stopped supplying water

My model #MF 12568 AEB refrigerator stopped supplying water and ice and the digits blink for thirty seconds then stop then blink again. It seems to be losing coolness also. What is wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! The control board is likely experiencing an issue. Is the flapper door also popping open and closed? Unplug it for about 5 minutes and see if it restores operation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the flapper door is opening and closing. I have unplugged it for 3 minutes but after 7 minutes it goes back to blinking, opening, etc...

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Okay, the main control is faulty. There are a couple different boards, so may I please have your serial number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

10777843JN

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! On the back of the refrigerator is the control board you will need to replace, shown as number 13 in the diagram, pictured below. It simply unplugs and the new one will plug right in. The new board comes with installation and programming instructions and is available below. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Control <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, we rent this home and the owner insists on taking care of all repairs. If it takes him a week to send someone out to replace the board, will the frig still work and cool food?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It will not likely continue to cool properly, no. This board needs to be replaced quickly. I would offer to install it if he orders it, or even tell him you will fix it and deduct it from your rent.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!