Appl-Tech
Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience:  Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business

i am in the process on replacing a door recess asm on a ge

i am in the process on replacing a door recess asm on a ge monogram ZISS360D built in refrigerator. I have taken out the 12 screws & removed the stainless steel shell. I have taken off the cover. I have unscrewed one screw underneath the control panel. I am now stuck as to how to take out the control panel.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for letting us answer your questions. We appreciate your business!
Are you referring to the water dispenser housing frame?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have taken off the housing frame, I am now at the point of taking off the control panel & I am stuck.

Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
Are you referring to the water dispenser housing frame on the freezer door?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have taken off the housing frame on the freezer door & what I thought the next step was is to remove the control panel. I need to replace the door recess asm.

Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
I just want to make sure I understand what part we are talking about. Is this the control panel you are describing?
click here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes. I have also removed the screw to this control panel.

Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
When you say the door assembly in your question. Are you replacing the whole freezer door or the door on the ice dispenser?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am replacing the door recess asm Item # XXXXX

Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.

Ok, now i understand. Thats the problem with words vs pictures
Here is a clip from the service manual that shows the dispenser.
click here

Use a stiff putty knife to slip between the frame and the front of the door on the bottom and lift it off the top
If you need any other help just ask.
Thanks

Appl-Tech, Service Technician
Experience: Over twenty seven years in the appliance service business
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
The frame just snaps on over the dispenser housing.
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any other questions for me?