Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

We have a Fisher & Paykel top loader washer (WA37T26G) during

We have a Fisher & Paykel top loader washer (WA37T26G) during the final spin cycle water sprays over the drum and leaks onto our floor. I ran the washer with the lid up (naughty boy) and observed when rinse water is delivered (on the right side of the tub as I face it) it sprays all over the place. I looked under the rubber splash shield and observed a plastic hose type connection. It does not have a nozzle. It is about a 1/2 diameter hose connection open to the washer. From that spot water flies up into the washer and over the top of the drum. Am I missing a connection that is to direct the water down into the drum?
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

This washer uses one pump to recirculate the water when its washing and to drain the water in the spin cycle. It sound like some might be in the diverter valve preventing it from fully sealing in the drain position. This is causing the water to spray into the washer when it should be draining. The diverter valve is located on the bottom back right of the tub. tip the washer back and remove the diverter and make sure it isn't clogged.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, nothing (water) should be spraying into the drum from that location. If that is the case, then it makes sense the diverter is not sealing to the drum. I got time today, I guess I will see if I can get to the diverter.

Thanks for the help.

No water should be spraying out of that location during the spin cycle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The diverter valve was jammed with a pin from the back of a button. Something similar to a bobby-pin. I removed the pin and re-installed the valve. I test ran the washer and it did not spray into the drum during the spin cycle.

Thank you for your help.

Your welcome. Take care.