Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

the starter on the stove wont stop firing. Its firing on

the starter on the stove wont stop firing. It's firing on all four stove heads. We were cleaning around the surface of the stove when it began. How do we turn it off?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

OK so generally this happens from water getting on one of the burner switches under one of the cooktop knobs. There really isn't much you can do to immediately fix the issue other than leave the power disconnected to the unit for 24 hours to see if it will dry out and work normally again. Generally this fixes the issue, but if not, then the burner switch that got wet will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.