Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a maytag dishwasher mod mdb7749awq2 and the front control

I have a maytag dishwasher mod mdb7749awq2 and the front control panel is completely dead - no lights at all. I checked the circuit breakers - there's power to the unit. any suggestions?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control board but you can test the fuse. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the door apart to test the fuse and replace whatever part is faulty. Once the fuse is removed, just check continuity if you have a multimeter to determine if the fuse is bad or not. If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it. If you don't have a multimeter, then just order and replace the fuse as it will be cheaper than buying a multimeter and it will give you the same answer.

CLICK HERE

And since your fuse looks a bit different than the one in the video, below is a picture to the fuse so you can locate it and order it if needed.

CLICK HERE to see fuse

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.