Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

washer will aggitate but shut off before it spins

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the water still drain out even though it doesn't spin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

water is still in drum

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK, so the washer won't even attempt to spin if it doesn't drain the water out. So it sounds like you have a drain issue. You'll need to take the washer apart and remove the hose between the drain pump and the tub. There is a catch inside that commonly gets clogged. Clean this out and check the drain pump itself for blockages. If you find nothing, then replace the drain pump itself. Below is a video that shows you how to take the washer apart to access the drain pump.

CLICK HERE

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cleaned drain and now it seems like water drains but it spins one way and then the other and goes from 12 to 6 and shuts down at 6

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
That is actually a problem with the PTC sensor built into the door latch assembly. You'll need to order and replace the door latch to fix this issue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

assembly on door or tub and what is it called or part number

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
It's the assembly behind the front panel of the washer. The part number isNNN-NN-NNNNand below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

put new switch in and works fine thanks for all your help i left excellent feedback thanks again this second time i replaced that switch something causing this problem or just my good luck

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
awesome, glad it's all working again. I don't think anything would cause that switch to go bad, it just commonly fails on this model.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thank again and great new year

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
you do the same.