Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Customer Question

Electrolux ref EW26SS65GSO compressor and condensor fan not running.Evaporator fan is.The main control board kept trying to restart compressor,but will not give continuos power to compressor.Checked compressor for proper power at power supply to relay,no continuose power.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Technician-Josh replied 3 years ago.

Technician-Josh :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today.

Technician-Josh :

Are you still with the refrigerator and able to do tests with a multimeter?

Technician-Josh :

Double check all connections at control board, Then check for power to the compressor with the wires disconnected from the compressor, if you have steady power to the compressor your problem could be a start relay or compressor, but before we go that deep check for power before the relay, disconnected from the relay and compressor.

Customer :

Am not with the unit today.Allready checked connections on the board and checked compressor power connection.On the original board you could hear one of the relays kick in and then right back out,it would send power to the compressor for30 seconds then kick back out.It would continue to retry.

Technician-Josh :

I do not have a diagram on this unit so I will have to opt out and let someone else try.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using this service,

Does it seem like it is cycling the power on and off? Does the whole display go on and off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The display panel is just fine.This only affects the to the compressor.

Ok what does the compressor do
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The old board would start the compressor for about 10sec then the relay on the board would kick out.I installed the updated board wich came with new jumper harnesses.The new board will not even attempt to start the compressor.The compressor is not getting 120V

Remove the damper motor in the refrig and unplug it and then try and see if the compressor will start up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will check this tomorrow,off to bed for now.If it works,then what?Thanks for now.

Just see what it doesm let me know. This unit is a pain to get diagnosed Talk to you soon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

unplugged damper wires,it made no difference

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!