Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

brand new,two week old maytag bravo xl from Home depot, worked fine until yesterday when w

Customer Question

brand new,two week old maytag bravo xl from Home depot, worked fine until yesterday when we could not get a cycle to start. The settings and display seem to working fine, but it will not start drying. checked circut breakers and could not find any that have tripped. Unplugged for a while and plugged back in...did not help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

When you press the start button do you hear a click and then the sensing light comes on?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do hear a click, but the sensing light for the cycle picked is already on. Looks like the timer countdown for the cycle is counting down but nothing is happening.

One of the thermal fuses is blown. If you have a multimeter we can test to find out which one but if this dryer is only 2 weeks old I would call maytag and they will fix it for free.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay, don't have a multimeter, but that sounds right from what I have been researching. Since this is a new appliance, I will call Maytag. Thank you for your help

Your welcome. Have a good new year.
I see this question is still open. Do you have any other questions?