Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

RA - HCH

Dishwasher claims it has finished the cycle but the powder container did not open and now I cannot start any new cycle. The machine beeps four times when I open the door and none of the buttons do anything.
Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Is the clean light flashing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the clean light is flashing when I open the door (flashes for about 10 seconds)

Ok the dishwasher should be flashing a code. Count how many times it flashes. It should flash then pause then flash again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It flashes 4 times, then pauses, then 4 flashes again, etc

Press normal, heated dry, normal, heated dry, normal, and then heated dry. All the lights should turn on and the dishwasher should go into a diagnostic cycle. Once the cycle is done it should clear the code.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did this but nothing happened. The clean light is still flashing 4 times

Ok try high temp scrub, heated dry, high temp scrub, heated dry, high temp scrub and then heated dry. Did that work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I tried it - but there is no change. No lights came on, and the clean light still flashes 4 times

If the clean light wont reset you will need to replace the control board. The control board is located in the dishwasher door. Just open up the door and remove the screws around the inner edge to access the board.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The dishwasher is still under warranty so I think I will wait until they can send a technician. Thanks all the same.

Your welcome. Take care.