Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

What causes a GE washing machine to suddenly overflow regardless

What causes a GE washing machine to suddenly overflow regardless of water level selection and flood floor
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? And does the water stop overflowing when you turn the washer off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Model #-GE WDSR2080G The water does stop when turned off. All water lines are ok

OK so you'll need to pull the washer forward and remove the screws going into the back of your control panel. Disconnect the rubber hose (only rubber hose in the control panel) from your pressure switch and blow through it to make sure it's clear. If it's clear, then you need to remove the front panel and make sure the other side of the hose didn't disconnect from the back of the outer tub.

To access, use a putty knife and push on the two hidden metal spring clips that hold the top panel to the front panel. These clips are located in the crease between the top and front panel. If both clips are pushed back, the front panel will unclip and forward and down so that you can access the inside of the hose.

If the pressure hose is connected still, then the pressure switch has just failed and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.