Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Maytag Bravos Quiet Washer Is Displaying Code 'Ld'.

The Maytag Bravos Quiet series 300 washer is displaying code 'Ld'.

The pump is clear, pumps water out at a fast rate. The washer will not turn off when the power button is used. If I unplug and re-plug the washer immediately, emptying pump light comes on and will not turn off until it is left unplugged for at least 2 minutes.

You may be aware what the error code 'LD' means but it doesn't sound like there is a drain problem. You will want to remove the control panel to locate a large control board at the back right corner below the control panel. Attached to this control board is a rubber hose. Disconnect the hose and blow through it to make sure it's clear. Try another cycle and if you still have a problem. If the problem persists, you will need to replace the control board.

Now below is a video of how to access the control board which is what you need, although it's for an F1 error code which you don't have. Ignore the error on the video and follow the instructions on how to access the control board.

CLICK HERE for video.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What does this tube do?

I blew through it and the washer did restart properly but I set it to a one hour cycle so I will not be aware if all the functions work for about 50 more minutes.

The hose is a 'pressure hose' which communicates to the control board about how much water is present inside the tub.

Sometimes lint can clog it up making it perceive water inside the tub when there really isn't.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It ran one cycle fine, so it should be normal again.

Thank you.