Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hello I am having a problem with my Amana washing machine.

Hello I am having a problem with my Amana washing machine. The model number is XXXXX It is leaking water out of the bottom so I took the front cover panel off I started up the machine and ran it through a cycle. The machine started filling up the tub with water and soon after I saw the water leaking out of the bottom of the tub. I am mechanically inclined, I work on my own car and not afraid to take on a technical project. We have a local appliance parts store nearby. I would like to fix it myself if it's worth it. Can you help me?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So if the water is leaking water out the bottom of the tub directly in the center where the transmission shaft goes up into the agitator, this means that your main bearing and seal has failed and will need to be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order. The kit comes with instructions but it's quite an extensive repair and will take a few hours. The kit costs about $120 or so. The part number you need is R9900552.

CLICK HERE for kit

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.