Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The gas surface burners on my new Thermador range will not

Customer Question

The gas surface burners on my new Thermador range will not adjust to a low level. When you adjust it all the way down, it cycles on and off. Is there some other adjustment for these eyes?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There is no adjustment at all unfortunately for these Thermador ranges. The way that Thermador regulates the extra low simmer is that it will turn the burner on and off. The lower you set it, the less time that the burner flame is on. This is sort of a "special feature" that Thermador has but no other brand of oven has.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is a crock. This is a very expensive new range and the surface burners do not function acceptably at Lowry settings. When i contacted the seller, the only a chance relief offered was to send a repairman at my expense to my home which is 170 miles from the store. If your answer is correct, the store should have told me. I was directed to you by thermodor's web site. I am not happy with the answer, the $5 charge, the $25 dollar charge or the thermodor range. My previous email from you said there was a problem with with my charge card. I did not answer, because by then i had decided this was just a rip off and i did not want to ne charged. Please do not charge me anything for this worthless answer.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry you don't like your range, but please keep in mind, I can't control the way the range works anymore than you can. The answer isn't worthless, it's the truth and it is very apparent that you didn't want to hear the actual truth.