Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

How do I fix my filtered water on my refrigerator. It barely

Customer Question

How do I fix my filtered water on my refrigerator. It barely comes out now
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 3 years ago.

Hello John my name is XXXXX XXXXX for choosing our service. If you find my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and leave an ok or better rating. You need to replace the water inlet valve.

The inlet valve is the first part your homes water supply connects to. One side is for the ice maker and one side is for the dispenser. Its a dual valve in one body. To replace it UNPLUG THE UNIT. Turn off the water, remove the screws holding it on and pull it out where you can work with it. If you look where the plastic lines go into the valve you will see a white or yellow ring. Press that down in toward the valve while pressing the line in at the same time. Then pull the line out while holding the ring down. Simply push the line in the new valve and give it a light tug to be sure its seated.

Once you get all the water lines changed pull a wire connector off the old valve and push it on the new. Do that one at a time so you do not get them mixed up. Thats it. Plug up the unit and turn everything on and it will all start automatically. I have linked the water valve below for you.