Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Ive got a Maytag Dishwasher MODEL# XXXXX that after it

Customer Question

I've got a Maytag Dishwasher MODEL# XXXXX that after it is used , the dishes removed, and the door is closed, the tub fills with water and leaks onto the floor. What would cause this? Thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you know if the dishwasher is filling with clean clear water? Or smelly dirty water?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

there is smelly dirty water in the bottom of the tub and I run in through a cycle to clean it out prior to using. (We don't use it that often) As far as I know it fills with clean water when using

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Ok so the water can be coming from two places. Either your electronic water valve isn't sealing off properly and allow water to come into the dishwasher slowly, or your drain line is backing up and when the sink is draining, some of it is going into the dishwasher.

If the water is clear and clean, then replace the electronic water valve. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

Now if the water is dirty like you say, you may need to route your drain hose better under the sink. The drain hose must go through a "high rise drain loop" to prevent water from flowing back into the dishwasher. Before the water goes into the disposal, make sure that it raises up to the bottom of the countertop.

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.