clayton5711
clayton5711, technician
Experience:  25 years in appliance repair factory trained on Speed Queen, Maytag and more

My bosch kan58a70ne/06 freezer / refrigerator is not working

My bosch kan58a70ne/06 freezer / refrigerator is not working properly. The freezer thermostat is set at -18 degres C but it will only reach -10. Most of the time the temperature ranges from below zero to above zero. The refirgerator temperature is set at 4 degress C, but is well above 10 degres. The fan is the fridge is working, I can see it rotating (since I have dismantled most of the inside). The defrost is working, there is no ice build up on the coils. I have vaccumed the "black thing" at the back with a fan attacehed to it, the fan is working, and the compressor is also working after the defros was completed(?). I have brushed the underside (which I believe should remove any dust build on the coils underneath, if any). After 30 minutes of running (after defrost) the frezeer temperatur is -7 degress (started at +10), the fan does not seem to be working. The fridge is 19,6 degres, fan is working. What might be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.

clayton5711 :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX to help you with this, you did say the freezer fan was or was not running, if it wasnt it should be, i would also check the door gasket, let me know about the freezer fan

Customer:

as far as i can tell the freezer fan is not working, the one in the fridge is

clayton5711 :

thanks for getting back with me so quick, i am gonna look up something on your fridge be patient for a few ok

clayton5711 :

what we will need to do is get a voltage reading on the freezer fan, but first when you checked it did you remember to push the door switch closed?

Customer:

yes i have "closed" the door switch several times but the fan will not start. To get to the fan i will have to remove the ice maker and the motor for the "icescrew" but it is not obvious to me how to do that. The connector for the "icescrew" seems to be keept in place by the ice maker, but it seems hard to to get to the ice maker screws without removing the motor (or my screwdriver is too long)! Suggestions? Furthermore, the fan seems to be part of the plastic back panel, and for a while i thought you have to get to the fan motor from the back (after removing the fanblades from inside the freezer). It is not clear to me how i can get to the fan motor and the electric connector (it might have become disconnected somehow) to ensure it is properly seated. Suggestions?

clayton5711 :

It looks more difficult than it is, the ice maker has a couple of screws that are not visible, get a drop light so you see easier, and if you have one use an inspection mirror, or some kind of mirror so you can see the screws that arent visible, i believe the icemaker is mounted in such a way that you dont need to completely remove the screws just loosen them either push or pull then lift upward a little to pull it out, other than what i have mentioned the only other thing i can tell ya is if you think its in your way of getting to the fan out then remove it , just take your time and if you need to come back here if you get stuck on something

clayton5711, technician
Experience: 25 years in appliance repair factory trained on Speed Queen, Maytag and more
Expert:  clayton5711 replied 1 year ago.
thank you for using the service and hope to hear from you soon