Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

How do you get the light bulb out of the bottom mount pullout

How do you get the light bulb out of the bottom mount pullout freezer door on 19 cu feet GB9FHDXWQ model refrigerator. We have freezer unpluggged, lightbulb is warm, but won't turn. Can't find anything in the manual manual. Is this a turn bulb or pull out. Dont want to use too much force and break it
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Unplug the refrigerator, if that bulb breaks and shorts it could blow the board. Get a rag and a glove so you do not cut your hand and twist it out. It screws out like a household bulb.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Light will not budge and it is difficult to get a grip on it. Is there another way other than breaking the bulb?

No Stephen, honestly it screws out and that's the only way to get it out. You might try holding the socket with your other hand but again I remind you to protect your hands. If its that tight its most likely going to break. All you can do it turn it. let me know if it breaks, if its that tight it probably will.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have a Lowes extended warrantee and will contact them to see if this will be covered. I really don't want to create more problems for just a light bulb.

I understand. Well let them know it screws out, and make them get gloves on so they do not get hurt. I was worried because a stuck light bulb can give you a really bad cut. Take the best of care and Happy New Year Stephen,