appliancesupertech, Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years in the field

I have a Kenmore dishwasher model # XXXXX

I have a Kenmore dishwasher model # XXXXX It suddenly stopped working. The hidden controls on the top all light except the start/resume. Hitting the cancel button operates the drain for a minute or two then shuts off. I was hoping it was the control panel and I purchased a new one and replaced it, but it still does the same thing which is fails to start. I am wondering if there are any other checks I could perform? Thanks.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Was it the touch panel you replaced or the board behind it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was the board behind it.

Try this, get a blow dryer and heat the keypads. Heat them well, you may even need a glove. While you are heating them massage the buttons with you fingers well. That may work. If it works for a bit then you need a new touchpanel.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Heating up the touchpad did not work. The only light that doesn't work is the start/resume. I heated all the buttons but all work 100% fine except the start button.

Sorry you having a problem. The other tech opted out, let me see if I can help you.
Did you replace the control board with the fuse mounted on it?
Press hi temp, heat dry, hi temp and heat dry. It should start a test cycle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I didn't replace the thermal fuse since the other lights were still working. I ran the test cycle and it filled and drained. I noticed all the lights on the touch pad lit up except the start/resume.

Ok you have a bad console.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Would you be able to help me find the part# XXXXX I can order one?

What color is the dishwasher?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok please hold while I look up part.
Online sites are not giving me color choices, I can call supplier in the morning.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Perfect. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Also what do you think the chances it is the console? I am getting to the point of wondering if I should repair it or just replace it. Thanks.

The console will fix it.
But I see your point, the cost of both parts vs new dishwasher. You have to factor how old the dishwasher is and cost to replace it.
Your part number is XXXXX cost $113.88 at sears .com. Please don't forget to rate my answers and not the first tech , thanks!!
Also for sub panel at a great price!
I meant also found, sorry.
Experience: 30 years in the field