gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs

I have a side by side fridge/freezer which recently formed

I have a side by side fridge/freezer which recently formed ice at the bottom of the freezer. I emptied both sides and washed all through and restarted the machine. It has just begun to build up an ice layer on the bottomj of the freezer again and I wonder whether you have any suggestyions for a cure. I really like te machi8ne and am loiath to replace it.

With thanks anad good wishes for the New Year.

Happy new year and thank you for choosing this service. the problem that you have is just your drain system is backing up, you need to thaw the ice to clear the line. could you post the model number so that i can pull up the diagrams?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Apologies for the tardiness of my reply.

The model number of my appliance is GS2127PAW/16

Thank you for your assistance.

You are welcome mary, if i have helped you and if you have no further questions please rate my answer, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Exactly how do I unblock the drain system ?

Looking forward to your reply

Here is a diagram that is very easy to follow, just remove the evaporator cover which is going to be number 20 on the diagram, you will see the drain hole underneath the evaporator it is about the size of a dime, you need to thaw the drain by pouring hot water, to make sure that the drain is clear stick a coat hanger in the hole. that is all that you need to do. i hope that this has been helpful.