gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs

My oven is beeping incessantly, with an F9 code. It never

My oven is beeping incessantly, with an F9 code. It never locked to clean, even though the door lock button is lit, nothing else is and it never started the clean cycle. We don't want to have to listen to this all night. Hitting the clear button doesn't help-what a way to greet the New Year!
Hi there and thank you for choosing this service. could you post th model number located around the frame of the oven drawer or behind the control panel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will go check now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will go check now My model number is XXXXX
Could you double check the model number? it did not come out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK, it's FEF351CWB hope that's right, I'm 71 years old and it's not easy crawling around on the floor :-) The beeping is driving me crazy. The other message I have gotten when pushing buttons is "dr"

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX to be sure, this model number calls for a frigidaire, is that correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry you're right, it is a Frigidaire!
No problem at all. the F9 is a door latch problem. its saying it can not read or detect if door is open. you need to replace the door latch assembly and that will take care of your problem. this may be difficult for you to replace on your own, but if you'd like to give it a try, i can provide you with the part number and diagram?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Would you do that? Most important is that I cannot get parts until Wednessay and HAVE TO SHUT THE STOVE BEEPER OFF!!!! Do I have to shut off the electric breaker or is their an easier way to turn the alarm off?
I Sure can, for now you can try to hold the cancle or clear option if that does not clear the error then you need to shut the power off. here is the part number and diagram. if i have been helfpful please rate my answer before you go.Motorized Door Lock Latch Assembly

PartSelect Number PS1146832

I wish you and your family a happy new year!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just to let you know that my husband jiggled the door latch and we thought that stopped the beeping, but no. We're going to have to cut the breaker and hope it doesn't knock out half our kitchen. Maybe it will reboot the system, I hope. You put us on the right track, although I am not happy that the cleaning cycle has only been used 4 times...not a good ad for the stove.
Happy New Year.
I understand.and you have a great night. please reply if i can help you with anything else. thank you.