Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

hello... I have in the spare room a 1.5watt air conditioner

hello... I have in the spare room a 1.5watt air conditioner that has not been used much. when set to its cool setting it gives out air...but not 'cool' air even when set at 16 degrees... could you okease help. thanks Jeanette

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! When you turn it on, can you hear the compressor start? May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello Kelly, sorry for my late reply... model number is XXXXX when i turn it on it sounds like a fan blowing...the compressor is working but hard to hear it clearly ascits mounted on side of house near the roof. cheers

If the compressor is running with no cooling happening, you have a sealed system failure that will require professional service. This type of repair is not a do-it-yourself repair and requires specialized skills and equipment.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you... any suggestions on who i should use to address the problem?

Is this in a bedroom sized room?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is

You can replace the AC unit for less than a sealed system repair. I would recommend replacing it. One of comparable size is available at the link below.