Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a kitchen aid dishwasher model number KUDE201XSS4 that

Customer Question

I have a kitchen aid dishwasher model number KUDE201XSS4 that has no power. The power running to it is good. There was a utensil that fell out of the rack and melted onto the heating element but this seems to be fine. Is there an internal fuse that could have blown?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mike my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.I believe there is a fuse, give me a minute to look at the diagrams for your model.Thanks,Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll be here
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for waiting Mike. Do you have an ohm meter?

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
If you find my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and leave an ok or better rating.

This is the fuse, looks nothing like a fuse but it blows just like a fuse blows. I have put a picture of it below and its general location is arrowed in the diagram. This is most likely your bad part.

Turn off the power to the dishwasher. Disassemble the door and near the top behind the control locate the part in the picture. Disconnect the wires from the part. Set your meter to ohms and put one probe to each connector on that part. If you get no change in the reading it is bad.

If it happens you get a reading showing continuity please use the reply to link and let me know. I also linked the part below for you.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Cut-Out-Fuse-Kit/W10402110/2443847?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=W10195528?RCAID=1000064

Thanks,
Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think this utensil caused this problem?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Its the only fuse and it is wired into the heater circuit. It may have caused the problem.

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is getting late. I will be in touch.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
I understand, you have a fun New Years Eve. See you when you reply.

Barry