Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

My KitchenAid DW_KUDS30IX8LZ has been working without disruption.

Customer Question

My KitchenAid DW_KUDS30IX8LZ has been working without disruption. Ran a load today and checked to see if it had finished,no lights were showing on the panel. Water was in the bottom, so I closed the door and pressed Cancel/Drain as well as other buttons and nothing happened. WHen any button is pressed, nothing lights up. Checked circuit breakers and unplugged and replugged the unit-nothing. Disposal is plugged in the same recepticle and it works fine.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
How much water is still in the unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just covers the heating element in the bottom of the unit.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.
I must opt out, I do not have the wire diagram to answer your question, another expert will take this shortly that should be able to answer your questions..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see Chas has opted out i will assist you .

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes

can you look at your model number once again

Could it be KUDS30IXBL2

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked it again. It is KUDS30IXBL1. Also I reversed where each appliance is plugged in the recepticle. The disposal works and when I press buttons on the DW nothing lights up.

you will need to open the door and remove the front console to check the fuse .[it is on the black wires to the control .

this will show you how to open the console .graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to find the right type of screwdriver. May have a to go to hardware store to get the right type. Will have to continue tomorrow when I get this. Is there a way to re-c0nnect with you?

yes tomorrow is fine it is a T15 torx

and just reply back yo this URL

http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/7g5u6-kitchenaid-dw-kuds30ix8lz-working-without-disruption.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much. This will be a handy tool to have too. If the fuse needs to be replaced is that easy to find?

you will have to get it from an appliance dealer or from here

CLICK HERE for part info

Experience: 30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Happy New Year! Got the T15 torx fitting, the control panel door is off. Ready to go when you are!

Amanda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Tech offline
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Can you locate and test that fuse (number 3 in diagram, pictured below) for continuity?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have an analog multimeter. What do I set it on and where do I put the leads?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You can set it to any scale that says R X 1, R X 10, etc. Touch the leads together and be sure the needle moves. With power disconnected to the dishwasher, remove the wires from that fuse and place one probe to each connector on that fuse. Does the needle move as it did when you touched the probes together?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I touched to leads to meter together with meter set on X1K. No movement on meter. Changed the battery in the meter and touched leads. Nothing. Wonder if meter is bad.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
It must be. The needle should go all the way across, showing full continuity, or no resistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Put in new fuse and the needle moved to the right! OK so I need to check the fuse, power is disconnected. Not sure how to remove the wire from the fuse.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
They should just pull off, you can pry them off with the twist of a screwdriver.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Got it disconnected and disconnected the leads to the fuse. WHen I touched a probe to each silver connecter on the fuse the needle does not move, but when I touch the meter probes together nad the meter is set on OHM X1K the needle moves to the right.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great! You have confirmed that the fuse is indeed bad and will need to be replaced. The Fuse Kit is available below, very well done!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Fuse Kit <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

wow! OK! Will get that ordered. Thanks!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome. Again, you did an outstanding job....nice work!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I now have the thermal fuse kit that needs to be replaced. IT has instructions for replacing the wire harness. How do I determine if I need to replace just the fuse or the fuse and the wiring?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Expert offline

I see you have relisted your question .

Sorry But I do not stay on line 24 hrs a day !

Yes you need to use the entire kit , one of the reasons the fuse can go bad is a loose connection which creates heat , so that is why it comes with the small harness repair kit .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Followed the instructions and MY DISHWASHER IS WORKING!!!!!!!! Water in the bottom drained, ready to run a load after dinner tonight!

Thanks for everyone's patience,encouragement and assistance.

No problem Glad to assist you !