Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

My dryer is set to dry but will not start. There is a LOC code

My dryer is set to dry but will not start. There is a LOC code displayed in the LED space. What does this mean?
Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...
.
.
It should begin with 110 or 417 and should be found inside the door opening area of the machine..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model 970-c889932

Serial X392100935
It means the control is locked to avoid having someone accidentally start or stop the dryer. Press and hold the Options and Select buttons for 10 seconds or until the “LOC” on the display is cleared. Locking the control is done the same way it is unlocked.
.
.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. That worked.