gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

Spasmodic leaking of water coming from under Whirlpool Model:

Spasmodic leaking of water coming from under Whirlpool Model: 6ED2FHGXVA Refrigerator
from under the left side.
This problem occures at different times and not continuous.
Hi there and thank you for choosing this service. could you open the freezer and tell me if you can see a thin sheet of ice or water "inside" the freezer floor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No ice found on the freezer floor.
We have now gone half a day without water coming out onto tiled floor,this has happened before then for no reason water appears again.
We have taken the refrigerator out and there is no evidence of a leak in connections at the back.
We feel that there is possibly a leakage from the filter connection as the water is coming from that side of the fridge.
Is there a water resevoir in this area that is over flowing under pressure?
Ok so if the leakage is coming from underneath the unit, it can be the drip pan that may be full of water or the filter housing.that can be cracked and is leaking very slowly. the resevoir is located in the fresh food section mounted at the wall behind the drawers. has it leaked today?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do you examine the drip tray? The resevoir has no evidence of leaking. There is no evidence of leaking from the fridge today.

This has happened before, with no leakage, and then it will decide to leak water for no reason.

Do you see the kick plate at the front just underneath the doors?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Water leaked onto the floor from the fridge last night. I can see the drip tray and it appears to have no water in it, but that is the area where the water is coming from I think.

Ok so if the drip tray is dry then this tells me that your drain line is clogged which is going to be behind the evaporator cover just underneath the evaporator. you need to piur hot water to thaw the ice, let me know if you have any other questions. thank you.