Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

ra-pjm

Customer Question

My freezer was accidentally set at 3 while I was away. Just got home to a warm freezer and fridge. I adjusted the temp but the motor is not coming on. What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was).
..

Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...
.
Find Your Refrigerator Model Number
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
GTH22KBRARWW
Serial# XXXXX
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
There is no motor running inside the freezer or behind the unit near the compressor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No nothing
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
How long have you waited since you readjusted the temps to see if it starts back up?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's been about 2 hours now
Expert:  Chas replied 4 years ago.
Okay then it is not in defrost mode, you need to replace the motherboard on the back of the unit, it is gone, it is part number WR55X10942,

You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

.

.

Main Control Board WR55X10942 Main Product View

.

.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

.

May you have a Happy New Year to you and your Family!Laughing

.

.

.