Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have the Haier Freezer HCM050EB. It will not freeze.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Is the compressor running?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You. what additional info. u need. My name is Karen

There is a round, black metal ball in the bottom area of the freezer, on the outside. Is that running, vibrating and warm?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, if that is running and the freezer is not cooling, there is a sealed system failure. How old is that freezer? Is it new?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its about 2 yrs. old, but yet new. I had a tenant who purchased the freezer 2 years old. The day she moved in she filled the freezer up with food. then days later when she went to open it was not cold. She never got it fixed or returned it. Today she moved out. I kept the freezer. I just plugged it in before I contacted you. It is on an now getting cold. But, I am not trusting it.

Are the outside walls hot?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the outside walls are hot. But, it sounds as if the motor is skipping.

Well, if you compare the value of the freezer (around $100) to the contents (several hundred in meat) I would not use it. It has already proven itself untrustworthy, I would donate it, toss it, etc and buy a good quality freezer, such as a Whirlpool or Frigidaire. The risk of losing a freezer full of meat is not worth trying to repair an intermittent sealed system problem. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. If you need additional help or clarification, please let me know. I will work to earn your highest rating! You may refer back to this question for as long as necessary after rating, AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, until your problem is resolved.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You! I'm going to leave it on on several days to see. But of course will not put anything in it.

Thanks so much and Happy New Year.