Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .
11923974

my fridge compartment is not working and i have a red light

my fridge compartment is not working and i have a red light flashing on the front what can i do ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.

Francis :

Hello, Can we have the complete model number of the unit please?

Francis :

The red light is a warning that the unit temperature has gone up its working temperature.

Customer:

Hi Francis

Francis :

Customer:

Hi Francis the model no is BC05JOE0200BC39L0060

Francis :

Thank you for the model number, Is this a BOSch unit? two doors? side by side or up and down?

Customer:

No its a baumatic stainless steel look standard fridge freezer

Francis :

Oh. Thank you for that info. And only the fridge is not working? the freezer is ok?

Customer:

The freezer does not seem to be at full strength

Francis :

Ok. When the fridge is working fine, do you usually notice thin frost inside the fridge back wall that would defrost from time to time but would keep the fridge cold? Or you have a complete frost less unit that you would have air vents inside the fridge to cool it down?

Customer:

yes we have noticed that.#

Francis :

and now, the frost is gone?

Francis :

the back wall inside the fridge would no longer make a thin layer of frost?

Customer:

yes and the fridge feels warm inside.

Francis :

ok. Thank you for those info. I am afraid this is a sign of lack of refrigerant. Refrigerant would make the pipe inside the fridge back wall to freeze up to form the frost on the back wall. But if it is not enough, only the freezer would freeze. The latter part of the evaporator coil, which is in the fridge would no longer cools down.This explain why the freezer is still freezer but you have notice that it is not as strong as before either.

Francis :

If this is your case, then I am sorry to inform you that there is nothing you can do about it. The repair would need a licensed engineer to handle refrigerant. It is not a DIY. I am sorry.

Customer:

Thank you for your time,

Francis :

You are very much welcome. Thank you too for using this service.

Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .