Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance tech since 1992. Factory authorized

GE electric range model JBS27B- the oven cycle light comes

GE electric range model JBS27B- the oven cycle light comes on, sometimes, when the oven is not being used. To get it to turn off, turn on oven for a few minutes and then turn off. How do we stop this from happening???

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992.
I don't have the complete model from you, can you get the complete model number off the range and not just the owners manual. There are several letters after JBS27B

And you do control your clean by the temperature knob correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The complete model is JBS27B C4WH. The temperature is controlled by a knob.

Is it showing clean or time on your clock or just the indicator light on the thermostat dial?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The oven cycle light comes on, when the oven is not on. To get the light to shut off must turn on the oven temperature knob to start oven (just any temperature) for a few minutes. Then shut off and the oven cycle light goes off. Only does this a few times a week.

The contact inside the thermostat must be getting fragile and making up for the indicator light. The only thing you can do is to change the thermostat:
Can be found here:

Or you can do a Google search for best pricing.

To replace , unplug power from range. Pull out range from wall. remove back cover to upper control panel. remove thermo knob. remove screws. pull out thermo from rear. open oven door. remove the thermo bulb from its bracket feed through back of range cavity.
Reverse the process to install new one,

I hope this helps you on your issue, the thermostat needs replacing.
Rating my response does not close this question. After you rate me you can continue to ask follow-up questions at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. If you need anything else, please just let me know at any time.