Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

Have a samsung frig/freezer,model RF268ABBP, the water dispenser

Have a samsung frig/freezer,model RF268ABBP, the water dispenser in the door has stopped dispensing water. The ice maker, cubes and crushed still work fine. When the setting is changed to water, I can hear a click when the dispenser is depressed but no water comes out. What is my problem and how can I get access to repair the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.

Francis :

Hello, Sounds like a frozen water tank or a frozen water line in the freezer door. Now, to verify this, please remove the front grill by removing the 3 screws securing it from the front.

Francis :

Now, open the freezer door and you would notice a pipe that came from the lower hinge of the freezer door and connected to a connector,

Francis :

Try to separate the pipe that came from the lower hinge of the freezer to the connector by pressing the colored collar downwards while pulling the tube.

Francis :

Once separated, get a bowl and put the connector there and try to dispense water.

Francis :

If there is water coming out from the connector, then I would say you have a frozen water door line.

Francis :

If there is still not water coming out, then you have a frozen water tank inside the fridge section, lower part where the evaporator of that side is located. At the back of the vegs drawer. You would have to thaw that tank and reduce the cooling setting of the fridge for the mean time.

Francis :

Let me know what did you find out.

Customer:

I will try what you have suggested' but my model is a three door and the dispenser is located on the refrigator door. The freezer is located in the bottom drawer section

Customer:

I did not have water at the top of the door hinge. The line runs up the inside of the wall, and the only other access point was at the actual valves at the rear bottom of the unit. From there it runs inside the walls of the unit. I opened it at the valve where ir goes into the unit and when the dispenser unit was operated, water did come out of the valve, so that is OK. It looks like it is as you said, either a frozen water tank orthe line from the tank to the top hinge. I do not see any access points to get to the tank. How do I get to thaw the tank or that line. I would think that the tank would be insulated or somewhere that wouldn't freeze, but all the walls are solid as is the top area, and that is in the refrigator section.

Francis :

Hello, Here is the parts diagram where the water tank is located. It is item 26-3. To access the tank, you would have to remove 26-2 by removing the screws holding it in place. There is a heater near the tank that could have failed that would cause the tank to freeze. Please check the resistance of the heater( item 26-5).

Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .