Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

Our dishwasher will not start; appears to be no power getting

Our dishwasher will not start; appears to be no power getting to it. Can you help?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Do you happen to have to model number for the unit? Does it do anything at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Randy,

The model # XXXXX XXXXX It does nothing when we attempt to turn it on.

Okay, let me pull up your model, also do you have a meter to test for voltage and resistance/continuity?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Actually, it turns out that it's a short in the main wire in the little box underneath. My husband is replacing the little plastic connector thing as we speak. We think we've go it.

Good, that is where I would have checked first. Very common for the plastic connectors to get a little hot and melt. Great job on and I am here for further assistance. Thank you for your time and patience, Randy.