Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kitchenaid oven (KGRC707LBS0). The broiler only puts

I have a kitchenaid oven (KGRC707LBS0). The broiler only puts out a small amount of heat. What would cause this change in heat output?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good evening. this is a gas oven. can you tell me does the flame light and stay lit or does it light and then go out quick ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't really see the flame. But it gets hot enough to melt cheese in about 10 minutes. The ignitor glows the entire time the broiler is on although I'm not sure if this is a new behavior.

okay, what happens is the igniter is glowing but not keep the valve open fully , you need to replace the igniter, even though its glowing its not drawing the correct amperage to keep the valve open. on average these need to be replaced about every two years. Oven Igniter(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product Viewyou can order this at the following link. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have replaced the igniter. Is the igniter supposed to stay on even after the gas is lit?By opening the oven door while the broiler is on and pressing the 'door closed' switch, I can see a bit of blue flame on the broiler. The flame sort of wisps around the edges of the burner and sometimes goes out. Besides a defective igniter, which I just replaced, what else could cause low heat output?
this may be clogged or a bad valve, you may need a tech to check the rest because its part of the gas system. sorry to see you have so many issues.