Francis
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .

What is the error code c7 on my LG neo plasma inverter air

What is the error code c7 on my LG neo plasma inverter air conditioner ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.

Can we have the complete model number of the indoor as well as the outdoor unit please.

I have error codes for LG split units but I still do not know if is the correct meaning for your unit.

-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Outdoor S18AHN-U54 Indoor S18AHN-N54

Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the model number.

I still can not tell if your unit is an artcool unit because I do have a copy of the error codes but they are from LG artcool series.

And C7 , as stated in that list is about excessive compressor current. Can you check your outdoor unit please and tell me if it is dirty?

Are you using this as an airconditioner or if it is a heat pump, as a heater at the moment?

-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have checked the outside unit and it appears to be clean . The unit is being used as a air conditioner at the moment

Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.
OK. Have you tried removing power from the breaker to the unit. This could reset the error code and then observe what is going on with the condenser as it tries to run again.

-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have turned the main power off then on it resets itself and runs for a few minutes then the error code comes back on

Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Then have you observe something on the outdoor unit?

Did you hear the compressor tried to run? Humming sound for a few seconds?

Does the outdoor fan runs?

-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I restarted the unit .It worked fine for about 5 minutes then the error code came back up.Can we continue later this afternoon .I have to leave for a while ?

Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.
Sure.

When it worked? would you mean it cooled down?

I will answer your question as soon as I log back in as well.

Thank you.

-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it started cooling down then stopped after about 5 minutes

Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay,

If the unit cooles down, then it is very hard to narrow down the culprit.

C7 stands for an over current compressor.

Meaning the compressor draws too much current than it should. So it could be the compressor itself, partially burnt winding that is why the current draw is higher than normal.

it could be the current sensor that is sending the wrong signal.

Or it could be the processor itself, processing wrongly the signal send by the current sensor.

Too complicated to tell which part is defective.

i am sorry but I would say, you would need a current meter to actually measure the current draw by the compressor, then we would know if it is the compressor or not.

-
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok Thank you for all your help.I think we may have an electrician to have a look tomorrow. Thank you once again for all your help. Geoff.

Expert:  Francis replied 1 year ago.
Hello Geoff,

You are very much welcome. I just hope it is just a simple one.

Thank you for using this service.

Have a Merry Christmas .

-
Francis, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: been working with refs, fridge, washers. dryers. dishwashers, microwaves for the past 12 yrs .