Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with 10 years experience working on numerous makes and models.
13279327

i have a maytag bravos quiet series 300 that is showing code

i have a maytag bravos quiet series 300 that is showing code Ld there is water in the barrel and it will not drain nor will it come on once the power button has been hit i have to unplug and re power it before it lights up then, after getting the red lid lock light, nothing happens. ( right before company on sat and Xmas, of course) i am more worried that it could freeze here, and since it is only 3 years old-not abused-its a one person washer, and i have had maytags all my life. please help!! mod mvw8400vq0
LD means long drain. You either have a defective drain pump or something is in the pump clogging and preventing it from draining. You will have to remove the water from the tub and then check the pump for clogs. Are you handy enough to check the pump if I walk you through it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not sure how involved is this?

you would have to use a wet vac to remove all of the water, than remove the pump from the bottom of the unit, then check to see if there are any clogs. It can be fairly involved. Can you also double check the model number? That model is not coming up in my searches.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

MVWB400VQ0 ? SER CY1970742 TYPE 580 NO WET VAC, SO PRETTY ROUGH

Yes, without a wet vac it will be rough. When you take the pump off of the unit, all of that water will dump out. If you can remove the water, it is pretty easy to check the drain pump. You have to tilt the machine back so the front of the unit is up. Then from underneath the unit, you will see the drain pump on the right back side of the tub. From there, you can remove the pump (3 screws holding it in) and remove the hoses. It is pretty common for these to get clogged. I have seen socks and lint block these pumps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

TIPPED IT BACK LOOKED PRETTY FAR OUT OF MY REACH SO I TIPPED IT FORWARD TO LOOK AT HOW THE BACK WAS SCREWED ON AND IT KICKED ON (SINCE I HAD IT PLUGGED IN_ BAD MISTAKE AND I KNOW BETTER-OR DUMB LUCK THAT IT STARTED- BUT, IT IS WORKING SO THANKS FOR THE HELP OR THE PUSH.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I WOULD LIKE TO SIGN OFF - TELL ME IF THE COST WILL BE $30 OR LESS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.